The Wilson Printing Office, in Old Deerfield, was originally built in 1816 by Col. John Wilson (1782-1869) on the lot of his father-in-law, Horatio Hoyt. In the building, he printed broadsides and reprints of popular works. Wilson also printed works by his brother-in-law, Rudolphus Dickinson, a minister and his partner at the press before 1820. In later years, the building would be moved five times within Deerfield until 1951, when Henry Flynt restored the building to its original site to become part of Historic Deerfield. In restoring the structure, Flynt referred to an 1820 sketch by Wilson’s daughter, Mary Hoyt Wilson (1809-1841).