The Lyman Cotton Mills in Holyoke erected a complex of buildings in the city in the second half of the nineteenth century. The company started with two original mills, built c. 1850, located between the First and Second Level Canals, that it inherited from the earlier Hadley Falls Company. Mill No. 3 was erected in 1872-1873. The company office and other additional buildings were erected on Front Street, along the First Level Canal. The one pictured above contained the Cloth Room Building (on the right) and the No. 2 Store House (on the left). Located at 72-100 Front Street, it was built c. 1865-1870. It is now called Canal Place and is used for offices.