Mt. Tom Engine House (1887) August 12, 2015 / By Daniel / In Holyoke, Italianate, Organizations, Public Buildings / Leave Comment At 2 Canal Street in Holyoke is the fire station built in 1887 for the Mt. Tom Hose Company, No. 1, the city’s first volunteer fire-fighting force, which had been established in 1851. The building was later known as Fire Station No. 4.