The Bliss-Colton House, at 1077 Longmeadow Street in Longmeadow, was built in 1790 for Aaron Bliss (1730-1810), who married Miriam Colton in 1754. One of their sons, Aaron Bliss, Jr., was in Capt. David Burt’s company of minutemen from Longmeadow who marched to Boston on April 20, 1775. Aaron Bliss, Jr. died during the Revolutionary War, on June 25, 1776. The house was later owned by Alvah Colton.