The Derby Summer House, also known as the McIntire Tea-house is a garden house, built in 1793 to plans by Samuel McIntire, for wealthy merchant Elias Hasket Derby‘s farm in Salem. In 1901, the Summer House was moved to Glen Magna Farms, the Danvers estate then owned by Ellen Peabody Endicott. Her son, William Crowninshield Endicott, Jr., was instrumental in bringing the Summer House to the property, where it now opens onto a walled rose garden designed by Herbert W. C. Browne. The two sculpted figures on the roof are reproductions of the originals. William Crowninshield Endicott, Jr.‘s wife, Louise Thoron Endicott, willed the Summer House to the Danvers Historical Society in 1958. In 1963, the Society purchased the central eleven acres of the estate and has restored the historic early twentieth-century gardens.