This week, we’ll look at some buildings in Southborough. The current Southborough Town House was dedicated in 1870 and replaced its predecessor, built in 1840. That wood Greek Revival structure burned in 1869 and there were insinuations at the time that local residents had had a hand in its destruction so it that it could be replaced by a grander building, although no evidence to that effect was ever found. The new brick structure had an upstairs hall that was used for town meetings until 1969. Joseph Burnett, Southborough businessman and philanthropist, made a large donation for the building’s construction and chose Framingham architect Alexander Rice Esty to design it. The town hall building‘s interior was eventually subdivided and is currently used for town offices.