St. Michael’s Cathedral, Springfield (1860)

Built in 1860, Saint Michael’s Cathedral, on State Street in Springfield, is the mother church of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Springfield. The Cathedral was designed by the prominent church architect, Patrick Keely. The interior has many examples of Keely’s ornate plasterwork. The Cathedral was expanded in 1996 with the addition of a new wing called the Bishop Marshall Center.

Share Button
This entry was posted in Churches, Gothic, Springfield and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.