The house at 13 Park Street in the village of Florence in Northampton was built around 1860 as a cape cod-style house. It was altered in the Queen Anne style around 1900, when the dormer windows and porch with gazebo were added. This remodeling was done by owner Henry Haven, who in 1870 had purchased the house from the heirs of William Haven, its original owner (William Haven had purchased the lot in 1858). Henry Haven was treasurer and general manager of Florence Furniture Company.
The relatively early Queen Anne house at 47 Harvard Street in Worcester was designed by Stephen C. Earle. Its first resident was Benjamin Walker, a local ice merchant. With Stillman Sweester, Walker formed the company Walker & Sweester, which later became the Walker Coal and Ice Company. From 1881 into the twentieth century, the house was home to Walker’s daughter, Agnes, and her husband, Levis White. The house’s two-story porch and painted brick walls are later alterations.