A fine example of Italianate commercial architecture, the building at 110 Elm Street in Westfield was built in 1860 by John J. Freed. Originally the location of a saloon, the building was acquired in 1878 by a group intending to use it as a headquarters for the local temperance movement. Instead it was sold to R. F. Parker, who converted it to business use. The Westfield Y. M. C. A., formed in 1888, used the building until it erected a new building across the street in 1900. Moriarity’s Shoe Store occupied the building starting in 1957.