Capt. Edward Pousland House (1866)

The house at 43 Cochituate Road in Wayland was built in 1866 by Edward Pousland, a retired sea captain. It was acquired in 1907 by Jonathan Maynard Parmenter, a wealthy farmer, cattle dealer and generous local philanthropist, who donated it to the the First Parish in Wayland as a parsonage in memory of his brother and business partner, Henry Dana Parmenter. In 1955, the house was converted to become a parish house.

Share Button
This entry was posted in Greek Revival, Houses, Wayland. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Capt. Edward Pousland House (1866)